What an Honor for Jake (and thanks to all on Abaco)

Dr. Jacob Allgeier has been awarded the prestigious Packard Fellowship. This is a tremendous honor. It is a testament to his hard work, as well as to all of the support he has received from numerous folks on Abaco. I am really excited to see what new research will emerge in the coming years from Jake’s lab. (And, I have to say, I am quite proud of him.)

By | 2019-11-20T11:58:45-05:00 November 20th, 2019|Categories: Uncategorized|0 Comments

About the Author:

Craig Layman
My lab’s interdisciplinary pursuits provide for a multi-faceted understanding of environmental change in the coastal realm. We are ecologists, asking questions that span population, community, ecosystem and evolutionary sub-disciplines. We often use a food web based perspective, exploring top-down (e.g., predation) and bottom-up (e.g., nutrient excretion) mechanisms by which animals affect ecosystem processes. All of our efforts are framed within a broader outreach framework, directly integrating science and education, using approaches such as this website.

Leave A Comment