COB student’s research experience featured in National Geographic

Opportunities to participate in research, in the lab or field, leaves valuable and deep impressions. A College of The Bahamas (COB) student recounts her experience joining Shedd Aquarium’s research team to study highly endangered Bahamian iguanas. Her brief, but enriching story is featured in Nat Geo’s Voices page: A life-changing experience studying iguanas in the Bahamas.

“Arriving on Andros – with its finicky weather and unforgiving flora and fauna- was a far cry from the city, resorts and tropical beaches most people think of when they hear The Bahamas. Clearly, the karst landscape and dry broadleaf evergreen formation was where I would be getting hands-on research experience.”

It sounds wonderful to me!

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2015/06/25/shedd-exuma-cays-rock-iguana-research-trip/

By | 2015-06-25T20:34:14-05:00 June 25th, 2015|Categories: Endangered species, herpetology|0 Comments

About the Author:

Sean Giery
I am an evolutionary ecologist in the Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Connecticut. My research investigates how basic ecological interactions control fundamental biological processes such as sexual selection, communication, and predation.

Leave A Comment