Annual Closed Season for Nassau Grouper

Good news! The Bahamian government has established a closed season (no fishing or possession allowed) for Nassau grouper from December 1st- February 28 this year and EVERY YEAR from here on out. You can read more about this closure here and here. This is great news for Bahamian coral reefs! We have posted about Nassau grouper before and you can check out those posts here, here, and here, or search older posts for even more information.

By | 2017-12-01T14:02:30-05:00 December 3rd, 2014|Categories: Current Events, Endangered species, Enforcement, Fish, Regulations|0 Comments

About the Author:

Stephanie Archer
My interests broadly lie at the intersection of community and ecosystem ecology. Specifically I am interested in the roles animals play in altering nutrient availability in nearshore habitats and how abiotic conditions, and anthropogenic alteration of those conditions, alters the importance of animals’ roles. For my dissertation research I am looking at the importance of sponges in seagrass beds from the scale of a specific species interaction to the whole ecosystem.

Leave A Comment